Via Vittorio Emanuele is the public wash known as "medieval Wash" at the late-Renaissance palace Martino. In 1514 it was demolished and rebuilt on a more back from the city walls and the river that flowed under the open sky was covered in the seventeenth century. In the summer of 1991 were completed the restoration work. The laundry comes with a lava stone steps leading to a floor smoothed by time and a series of pools that fill with water flowing from twenty-two iron mouths (of which fifteen lion heads) along the walls topped by low times. Through a small cave, the water reaches the sea. The tanks are clear that the supports were used to rub the clothes.